Skip to main content

Residence permit

A residence permit allows you to enter and reside in the country.

If you want to work in Slovenia, you must obtain a single residence and work permit. A residence permit allows you to obtain residence as well as a permit to enter the country.

The single residence and work permit is issued by an administrative unit, whereas the Employment Service only grants consent to the single permit.

Nationals of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia need a work permit, which is equivalent to consent in the single permit procedure at the administrative unit.

You can apply for your first residence permit for employment or work purposes in Slovenia:

  • yourself at a diplomatic mission or consulate of the Republic of Slovenia abroad, or
  • your employer can do it for you at an administrative unit in Slovenia.

For nationals of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia, an early termination of a work permit is also grounds for withdrawal of the residence permit.

Conditions for obtaining a temporary or permanent residence permit

See detailed information

Temporary residence permit

Permanent residence permit

color contrast
text size
highlighting content
zoom in

Thanks for your feedback.

Was this post helpful? Yes No, But