Employment Service of Slovenia is one of the key Slovenian labour market institutions.
Our services are intended for:
- unemployed persons and jobseekers, pupils and students who need professional help in the fields of employment and career guidance,
- employers, providers of active employment policy programmes and social partners,
- professional institutions and general public.
Employment Service of Slovenia
Rožna dolina, Cesta IX/6
Show on the map
++386 1 47 90 900
General information for the unemployed, jobseekers and employers.
Send us a message!
Employment Service of Slovenia (ESS) is an independent legal entity with public institute status operating uniformly across the entire country.
Our activities are performed in accordance with:
- labour market legislation in force,
- professional standards, codes, rules and guidelines,
- approved strategic documents.
ESS operates on three levels:
- at ESS head office with the management and Central office,
- in regional offices and in local labour offices spread in all administrative units throughout Slovenia.
The ESS administrative bodies are:
- the Administrative Board and
- Director General.
Our main activities are:
- employment advice and jobbroking,
- life-long career guidance,
- unemployment benefit and unemployment insurance,
- implementation of active employment policy (AEP) measures and programmes,
- issuing of work and employment permits for foreign workers,
- preparation of analytical, development and other professional materials related to our activities,
- labour market (LM) and ESS information of a public nature.